NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS PLANT-BASED FEELS
May 12, 2020
Sea moss is a seaweed and a superfood that contains 92 of the 102 vitamins and minerals our bodies need and are essential to our health. It is so powerful that it can even bind radio activity. Some might say sea moss is the earths version of chemotherapy. It contains important minerals such as potassium iodide, potassium phosphate, potassium bromides, and a very large percentage of zinc, magnesium and calcium. Sea moss alkalizes the body, boost our immune system and helps to remove mucus. As Dr. Sebi quoted, when you eliminate all mucus, you eliminate all disease.
Here are some effects the vitamins & minerals found in sea moss have on our body:
1. The magnesium and potassium in sea moss helps to improve emotional health and brain function as they are natural mood boosters. The vitamin B content of sea moss helps to support our nervous system by reducing anxiety, moodiness an depression.
2. The citulline-argine found in sea moss releases amino acids that produce collagen and nourish our skin. Sea moss taken internally, naturally improves our skin. Sea moss can be used externally as well, try using it as a face mask or body scrub.
3. ENERGY - Vitamin B2 and B9 are super abundant in this moss, breaking down proteins, carbs and fats helping the body to produce natural energy.
4. Our metabolism is determined by three primary functions. Our bodies ability to convert food into energy, convert food into building, recovery elements for cells, and discard waste once the previous conversion processes have been completed. The high iodine content in sea moss helps to boost the bodies metabolism by maintaining proper thyroid functionality ensuring this process is regulated.
5. Sea moss extracts toxins, and its gel like texture soothes pain from inflammation in the mucus membranes of our intestine’s. Relief and detoxification makes sea moss an effective medicine for digestive issues. This helps to rid of bad bacteria in the gut, resulting in a healthy digestive tract. The high fiber content in sea moss also has a laxative effect that regulates bowel movement.
6. Full of antioxidants and vitamin C, sea moss is a powerful immune booster. These nutrients have antiviral and antibacterial properties that fight infections and during the era of Covid-19, I find sea moss as a necessity!
7. The potassium chloride in sea moss helps with respiratory problems by liquifying the phelgm which eases clogged airways, because of this sea moss is great for smokers.
8. Dense with minerals and nutrients, sea moss relieves sore muscles and helps us to recover from intense exercise. Since our body uses the nutrients we consume for energy during exercise, the nutrient-dense sea moss can replace the nutrients we lose, allowing us to exercise longer and stronger.
9. SEX - Yes, I saved the best for last. The high levels of zinc and other minerals that support reproductive functions increase sex drive! Its anti-inflammatory properties promote efficient blood circulation throughout the entire body including (Below our waist).
With sea moss being such a powerful superfood, unfortunately there are many fake versions. Be sure to buy the real deal by following these tips:
Sea moss naturally has salt , however it is barely noticeable as it is the size of salt grains. If your sea moss is packaged with grains of salt that look more like rock salt, or table salt, chances are it’s fake.
Lack of “sea dirt” - You should be able to see other random bits mixed into your sea moss. If it looks too perfect, it might be fake.
Authentic sea moss may have some color variations, or slight differences in tones. If you’ve got a batch of sea moss that is all the same color, it may be fake, or worse, bleached.
Check out my instagram story 'VeryRareVegan' for my favorite authentic brand of sea moss and how I transformed it into gel. Once sea moss has gelled, it is great to add to smoothies and raw foods! Try making a sea moss drink by adding it to hemp milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- (no comments)